As a Senior Android Developer at Authenteq, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed towards android, including mobile phones and tablets. Your primary focus will be the development of such applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Build and maintain mobile applications that integrate with a micro-service back-end.
- Responsible for the development and documentation of best practices for his/her area of expertise.
5+ years of Mobile Application Development Experience – Proficiency in Android development.
- Deep knowledge of Android development tools and paradigms, including Android Studio, Gradle, user interface layout, fragment usage, intents, services, and general lifecycle management.
- Deep knowledge of RxJava, Retrofit.
- Team player and must be willing to work in a scrum environment.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience implementing complex business logic.
- Must reference at least one application you developed that is available today.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Accountable for application security principles including the development of secure coding standards and practices.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning by git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
What we're looking for:
- Experience with Android NDK.
- Experience with cryptography.
- Experience with blockchain.
- Experience with Kotlin.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
What's in for you?
- A chance to join at the ground floor of one of the most innovative and exciting new startups in Europe!
- A young and dynamic start-up environment with a rapid development cycle.
- Exciting technical challenges to work on and great opportunities to learn, grow and contribute.
- The opportunity to shape and develop a truly innovative product with the potential to revolutionise how transactions are conducted online.
- Friendly and multicultural team, based in the heart of Berlin.
- Help with relocation moving to Berlin from abroad.
- Competitive salary and benefits as well as equity in a growing company.